Well it’s here. Not too much to say this year, but let’s hit a few bullets:
- It doesn’t look to be quite sold out… you can REGISTER NOW or possibly register at the expo. The field was expanded so a previous near sell out and/or actual sell out may have been met and they’re squeezing in a few more.
- I really wish I could give out another free entry like I was already able to do for one person! I do have one other thing… if anyone’s out there… anyone still reading this… if you leave a comment on this post I may hand out a $15 gift card to RoadID… you’ve seen those of course… you read the ads in Runner’s World… you know what it is! So yes I have one gift certificate to give out. If you leave a comment simply stating your goal time for Hospital Hill you’re entered in the drawing!
- Hospital Hill route looks to be the same this year. There is that little indentation at the extreme southern end up 62nd st and down 61st that continues to allow for the moved start line. If you haven’t run the Hospital Hill Run lately, well it adds YES another hill!
- I’m going to be DOG TIRED. I’m going to the Royals game this Friday night. Yes that’s right… this Friday night at 7:10pm will be at the Royals game… which probably leaves me at home any time between 10:30pm and 12:30am. Honestly though, that’s not so bad. I’ve done plenty of races on barely any sleep before. The good advice of course – especially if you have a hard time goal in mind – is to get the good night’s rest. The very first Hospital Hill I ran in 2007 I was so anxious (it was my first half, and my first big race at all) that I think I finally got to sleep about 1:30 and then awoke every half hour thinking I was late. I ended up running it fine in 1:56.
- Not to be outdone, I will THEN attend the 1:10pm Royals game Saturday afternoon! So yes that’s Ball Game – Home – Sleep – Drive – Run – Drive – Ball Game! Hey! Sounds fine to me! I love a good half-marathon in the morning with a full day planned! (it’s just the full marathons I’m kinda scared of, but hey, I plan full days with those too).
So! It’s piece two of the medal, an X thousand runners which I will analyze a scant 5 days from now, and another piece of the history books. Hospital Hill Run is almost here! I’m kinda getting excited writing about it!
Don’t forget leave a comment with your goal time for a $15 gift cert to RoadID (plus I have another code you can stack with it too!).
SEE YOU AT HHR!!!! SAY HI TO ME I WILL BE AT THE 1:50:00 pace group right next to the pacers wearing a white 2007 Hospital Hill Run shirt that says “Run For the Hill of it!” on the back.
(I was debating between running with the 1:45 and slowing or running with the 1:50 and speeding up… I think I’m going the easier route! 1:45 is a tough pace for me!)